Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Paris in June

We arrived in Paris. (stop) Weather okay (stop) Looking forward to seeing the Eiffel Tower (stop)



We're in Paris!

And right now the weather is great. Tomorrow, though, it is supposed to pour, again.

I took my mom to one of my favorite places tonight Chez Marianne. It's a falafel - hummus - taboule place located in the old Jewish quarter -- Le marais, near Rue des Rosiers. I'm pretty sure my mom was less than pleased with my selection, but I always go there. I've been going there and taking friends and family to Chez Marianne for a long time.

We left Chez Marianne and decided to walk a bit. We ended up on Rue Du Rivoli and I suddenly realized I knew exactly where I was -- around the corner from a youth hostel I had visited several years ago. Pretty cool, eh? France has great youth hostels. They are clean and safe and friendly. Finally we hopped le metro and headed back to our hotel in the 7eme.

No comments: